View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #65
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post
Increasing the overall damage to their attacks isn't the solution to this issue- that's what too often creators will do, with the resulting product being a very cheap/broken character. What you want to have is for the TMNT to fight smarter this is accomplished through the inclusion of a custom coded AI- (custom AI's will acknowledge common openings in their opponents giving them a leg up on both human and cpu controlled characters) as it stands none of the characters I've released have any custom AI and they just use the basic CPU one included in the mugen engine. Unfortunately I don't know how to code AI and I don't see myself figuring that out anytime soon. Only thing we can hope for is that some other coder publicly releases AI patches for them that are well coded (not cheap or impossible to defeat yet still providing some challenge)
Wow, that's really interesting since I've always wondered why some Mugen characters just go to town on offense and other characters just stand around watching. And, yeah, I know what you mean about those unbalanced characters. I've tried fiddling around with a few Mugen characters and have never been able to see what makes the AI better. I really hope you're able to crack the code one day!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-22-2010 at 11:07 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote