View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just got through re-watching all of season 1. Maybe it's because of me dealing with STD seasons 1 and 2 and... let's just say, eh, "large parts" of STP, but I really had a whole different viewing experience this time around. I mean, I never hated ENT but I seem to recall really not being crazy about season 1 and 2.

Some really interesting moral dilemmas at times. In one, on a planet with two races, Archer has to decide if he saves the more advanced one that's dying out... or do nothing and let them die in order to allow the less advanced race a chance to thrive. It's interesting.

They definitely pushed things way too fast at the start of the season. After the third episode or so, it already feels like they've been in space forever and used to everything.

The Suliban storyline and the Temporal Cold War that Paramount forced them to do is interesting at times, but other times it feels just that... forced. Like almost at the end of the season, they finally make it to Risa (which they'd been talking about going for 2-3 episodes) and Archer's story is just Suliban, Suliban, Suliban. When all I really wanted to see in it is the crew letting their hair down and having fun. There's a little bit of that... but just for Hoshi. For everyone else, all bad. Like Trip and Malcolm meet 2 girls and it ends up they're dudes who just rob them.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-05-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote