View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #93
Avenger
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This is an interesting bit of Green Lantern history.
https://www.cbr.com/hal-jordan-green...me-coined/amp/

Props to you for not sticking to a particular hero Avenger. If Hal is not involved I have no interest aside from John being a part of an ensemble cast or playing back up to Hal Jordan.

I do wonder what started the instability with Hal Jordan behind-the-scenes which does seem ignored. What I mean is Hal inspired by Barry's happiness with Iris planned to propose to Carol, but playing hero caused him to be absent thus lose her. Not being able to deal with he had at least three unrelated jobs in three different places outside of Coast City. This lasted from 1969 to 1979, an entire decade.
I think ANY green lantern could have job stability issue when you have to leave in space for weeks. Maybe they insisted on Hal for that particular point because it's part of his gimmick but it could apply to anyone.

For the loving part, leaving earth for weeks is no worse than living the country for weeks as military. Again, this is part of Hal's character who can't get his life together.

The articles you provide here are interesting. I sometime search on the web for "green lantern vs star wars" or other stuff like that, but it's fun to have someone bringing some news or stories.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote