View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
So I'm guessing your pick is Nick Don overall despite not being a fan of either?
I guess? Not really sure. From my point of view, it's kinda like an intentionally dull interpretation vs an unintentionally off putting interpretation.

In the case of FW Raph it's like they just ignored what his actual personality was supposed to be, just so they could write a comic strip character like Garfield instead. For what it's worth, while it is sad and somewhat uninspired, that's more of a criticism of the adaptation process than the character. Pretending I know nothing about Mirage studios, it doesn't really annoy me outside of bad jokes.

With Nick Donatello I never really got the feeling they wanted to ignore what the character was, he does still (more or less) still feel like Donatello. However, somewhere along the line they fell in love with their own ideas of what he should be and never gave them up, even if they were kind of creepy in the long run. The intentions are better and it's certainly a more vibrant character, but something is really off and I just end up plain disliking him.

So is this really much of a choice? Do I prefer the somewhat ill conceived but mostly inoffensive attempt, or the well intended but misguided attempt?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote