View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
So was that why 3 issues from Ult. Coll. Book 4 have no duo tones? I couldn't get to my original issues and wondered if this was how it came out? Makes sense.
Mirage apparently didn't have/didn't provide toned masters for those issues. It's possible they don't exist anymore, which means the alternative would be scanning and blowing up an issue. Pick your poison.

The IDW reprints aren't perfect, but I'm hugely glad to have them out so I can actually point new fans to the content (and read it myself without hauling out single issues). The colorization varies; sometimes it looks really good, other times not. It is what it is.

My one wish is that we'd start to see more themed volumes, or seminal storylines collected outside of the hardcovers for casual readers to try. $35 oversized hardcovers and anthology collections running up to Volumes 9+ can be daunting for the non-initiated. I'd love to say, "Hey! Check this out. It has all the future Turtles stories." Or, "Hey, grab that 'City at War' paperback and give it a read."

Last edited by Cipher; 07-16-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote