View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
No complaints about Deadpool.

But, I don't think it gets much more sue-ish than Wolverine's ridiculously complicated "mysterious origin" story. He's hundreds of years old, but he doesn't remember any of it,
How is tha Mary sue-ish

Quote:
and he's been in every war, oh and he's also a samurai for some reason (despite not being Japanese),
The dude has enhance strength, stamina, speed, reflexes, senses, and healing factor why would't he join a few wars here and there also there has been examples of white and black samurai in history.

Quote:
and he's been experimented on to get a metal skeleton, and he's been a part of essentially, every Marvel Superhero team (even though he's supposed to be a "loner"), even the Fantastic Four.
So, Spiderman has been in every superhero team but he isn't a Mary sue.

Quote:
He's a different kind of Mary Sue than Batman (more of an "Angsty Sue", though Batman might qualify too), but I would say he takes the cake over all.

Though, we are talking superheroes. I guess a little bit of Sue-ness is part of the genre. The real problem, I think is the way DC and Marvel over-promote these characters to pander to their fanbases. Does Batman really have to appear in every DC comic, and does Wolverine have to appear in every Marvel?
Again not really while Wolverine is a good fighter and strategist but hes far from the best in the MU. Batman meanwhile not only knows every martial art but has an in depth knowledge to every science discipline known to man, hell give Wolverine some credit if the problem is a math equation or science problem he would be screwed, Batman meanwhile would figure it out in under 5 seconds.