View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I was talking about Dumb and Dumber that I had mentioned earlier when I said D&D which I"m guessing you're talking about dungeons and dragons. The three Jim Carrey movie cartoons along The Mask and Ace Ventura.

Kids today know cartoons of past better than a lot of us, with the advent of youtube and wikipedia/google, kids can research or come across tons of old shows. As a kid I always wanted to watch old Felix the cat cartoons after watching the Twisted Tales of Felix but never could. now a kid who watches say Power Rangers can easily find all 25 seasons to stream easily.

A kid watches Ace Ventura the movie because it was on tv or some other reason, he goes to wikipedia and finds it had a cartoon and bam! He found one. Countless of old people share their nostalgic cartoons of the 80s and 90s on facebook and social media and kids today might be interested and check them out. Sure some obscure cartoons that don't get often mentioned like say UltraForce cartoon might get shafted but overall kids are more likely to check older stuff now than in the past.

I'm not saying the average kid does this but I'm guessing a larger percentage than you'd think.
As a child, a didn't know much how old any series was, I could watch reruns with no idea. I just knew TMNT was still on, because of all international marketing.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 06-10-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote