View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #27
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I think technology can evolve to do almost anything. It just takes a long time for it to get better. So I believe teleportation will be possible eventually.

I think we probably have a small understanding of how powerful technology could be.

People think we live in a really high tech world but if you look at everything around us a lot of things are still, at basics, the same as they were 80-100 years ago. They've just gotten smaller and more efficent.

Like cars operate much better but are still just 4 wheels on a platform and an engine. Laptops/PCs are smaller and faster but there's nothing revolutionary about the machines themselves without the internet.

Things we see in movies have only recently become possible like sophisticated AI, virtual reality and 3D printing but they're all still in their infancy.

Medicine is one of the things that's probably improved the best since most illness or injury can be treated and surgery is not medieval trial and error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yes, there are limits, but those limits lie very far from our current capabilities.
It's like y'all took the words right out my mouth.

I do wonder if time travel could ever happen. It's difficult to imagine what 200, 500 or even 1000 years in the future will hold as far as science and technology advances go. And I know people say 'well then why aren't we visited by time travelers?' But the invention might have its limitations and only allow for present2future&back2present type of travel. So no traveling to the distant past.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote