View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #136
CyberCubed
Overlord

- I really enjoyed this, and I'm kinda surprised how Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady were the "real" main characters and all the Turtles were supporting characters. This was the Bebop and Rocksteady show, and that was pretty nice and surprising.

- I thought the original Turtles were fine. They have never been as good as fighting as the other Turtles, and Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady would of course be tough for them to take down. But when they did start fighting seriously they took out the Foot, the Rock soldiers, etc. Even Shredder had a competent moment.

- Shredder/Krang's banter was pretty good. It's almost as if they went through a checklist of all the ridiculous things they've done in the show. Krang in the shower, Chrome Dome shampoo, their gloating, Krang's fighting and Shredder calling them names. Lots of funny jokes there, "It's not 1987 anymore, we're in the union!" and a lot of other old funny references and jokes.

- Considering this is the last time we'll see them due to the 50 year timeskip, I have to say it was nice seeing the present April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, Slash, Leatherhead and Mondo Gecko one last time. Pretty good sendoff for all of them.

- The original Turtles fight scenes when they got better was really good. Loved them going crazy on the Foot Soldiers.

- Bebop/Rocksteady saving the day and "turning good" was a great direction for them. As said they may join the Mutanimals. Pretty good sendoff for them considering what happened to Rahzar. Ironically enough between Tiger Claw calling a truce and Fishface going back to petty crime, and Baxter just being demutated....all of Shredder's henchmen in this show either turned good or gave up except for Chris Bradford who was the only death.

Lastly I enjoyed the ending. The original characters go back to their universe, I imagine eventually the Technodrome is zapped back over there too. It was damaged and not destroyed, so I can see how Shredder/Krang fix it up again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote