View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #30
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Why isn't Donnie more serious during medical situations?

For instance, when Mikey gets shell acne, Raph and Leo tease him, but Donnie says to hold up it might be more serious than they think. Then he teases him that he'll eventually explode, but he doesn't laugh or even say he's just kidding. Even when poor Mikey is freaking out about it. Then later on, when he finds out it's serious for real, he is serious. Shouldn't he have been serious from the start?

Same thing for Raph when he has those squirrels inside him. I take that to be very serious and Donnie pretends he's going to let Mikey cut him open. I think he should be more professional about medical stuff. I think there are a few more instances when he makes these deadpan jokes about medical things. His medical advice can't be taken seriously if he isn't professional about it.

I suppose they have to add the element of humor so it doesn't scare the kids?
I guess the short answer is, he's not a qualified doctor, and being a teenager at that?

I remember during my high school days, we used to fool around in the chemistry lab/workshop despite warnings from the teacher to be cautious about safety. And we took it with a grain of salt because... we were immature teenagers?

By the way, in Mikey Gets Shellacne, it felt like Donnie secretly knew that Mikey's condition was not as serious as it seemed, he was just exaggerating the severity for fun and possibly to teach Mikey a lesson for messing with mutagen. At the end of the episode Donnie even admitted that he put the antidote on acne pads simply because it was hilarious.