View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #43
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
PL is 63 right now, if he doesn't finish Volume 4 within say the next 5 years it's never going to happen.

You really think he's going to bother when he's 70? I don't know much about the comic industry, but how many 70+ year old writers are there who put out new material?
Everything hinges on Peter's health and how he maintains his health for the later part of his life. Saying someone won't do something just because they are a certain age is silly and actually age discrimination.

I am certain if we looked at the grand scope of the comic industry and people everywhere, if it was their passion more older people would publish comics. The problem is I'm guessing most companies don't want to hire people 60+ to work for them when they have ready and waiting 20/ 30 year olds to do so.

The thing about volume 4 is Peter and Mirage is doing the whole thing so he's in no rush. He can write it according to his moods and his passion so no corporate big wig will be telling him no just because he's "too old".

It's really just going to depend on how Peter feels as the years go on and if this is a project he can see himself undertaking. All of which is anyone's guess but this news makes me happy! I love volume 4 and have been waiting for anything about how they might conclude it.

I don't think I'll ever really feel completely good about the sale (even with enjoying the newer media) until we get this conclusion because that universe still feels very incomplete to me personally.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote