View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
It's true...the Vanilla Ice part is outdated and doesn't show well. It's goofy, weird, and causes people to look at the movie with a sideway glance...but I listened to a lot of Vanilla Ice when he was popular. It's probably embarrassing to admit, but I know all the words to Ice, Ice Baby. It was huge where I lived so that part really caused me to pop then. Cringe a little now, but still have some nostalgic moments. Thanks for your thoughts!
He seems like a somewhat decent human being, and I'm glad he didn't kill himself when he went through his bout of suicidal depression upon realizing that rich people don't have any real friends. It's a hard lesson to learn, depression sucks, and I'm glad he overcame. Seems like he's probably a nice guy.

That said, he's never entertained me, and while I'd have a beer or three with him and we'd probably laugh it up, I'd never want to see him in a movie or listen to his music again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Turtles Forever
4Kids TMNT is the only animated TMNT I like, so why on earth would I want to watch a crossover with the Fred Wolf TMNT, the Technodrome, Bebop and Rocksteady, and all that bull$hit? Easy pass. I pretend it doesn't exist. Just like Ninja Tribunal, Fast Forward, and Back to the Sewers!
You'd actually probably get a kick out of it for the exact same reason a lot of FW apologists can't abide it: They pretty much take a frothing piss all over the FW cartoon versions of those characters. I can't make you watch it, but I'm pretty sure if you like 2K3 at all you'd be entertained. The whole movie is essentially, "WE'RE the GOOD Ninja Turtles, you guys are f*cking clowns." People who hate FW generally get much more enjoyment out of it than others for that exact reason. It's far from "reverent" in its portrayal of those characters, so if you hate FW, good news!

I mean, do what you want, I just don't feel like your 90 minutes would be wasted. I feel you on TMNT/Batman, though. People keep telling me I'd like it and everything about it just seems... blech. I can't even read the comics, everything about them is so awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
TMNT 1990
It's not that great

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote