View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #79
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Third, if opinions had a valid impact on the box office, Michael Bay would be managing a Burger King instead of making his trademark bloated, obnoxious movies.

Fourth, saturation is an illusion. What we are dealing with are people who can't see past the major trends and only pay attention to the most marketed films. They look at the 8 or so biggest films of the year, ignore the dozens of others, and whine, "this all Hollywood makes!" and then claim they are not being sheep like everyone else who see these movies, when in fact those are the only movies they willingly pay attention to. There's a lot more variety out there if you actually look for it. Of course, generally these kinds of people also claim superhero movies are devoid of intelligence, yet when they see a film that is bold, thought-provoking, etc., they claim it's boring. Funny how that works.
Bay managing a Burger King sounds like a fantasy I once had
I do agree that there is a lot more going on in the industry people like to admit to, I mean half the time when people watch the Oscars it'll be the first time they've even heard of most of the films that are put up for nomination.