View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Love of your life... well that happens to a lot of people, I'm sure, but not to everyone. A common saying is "there's someone out there for everyone", but I'm not sure I truly believe that. Also, "the one" seems flawed as well. I mean, with what now, 7 billion people on Earth, 4 billion or so of them being women, there is only one on this Earth that's the right one for me? Those are not very encouraging odds, are they? And what if said woman lives in a far away place I'll never go to or spend enough time in to get to even know her such as South Korea or Argentina, for example?

There's a lot of people out there that can very well be "the one" for you. I'm sure if many married people today had not met their spouse they most likely would have met someone and be just as happy with them. But ofc they'll never know that.

I think we need to accept people for their flaws as well. The media paints relationships and sex in a very unrealistic manner. Also, looks deteriorate with age and you wont' be as sex driven when you're 50 as you are when you are 20. So even if your wife is hot, it's not like you're gonna be smashing her everyday for decades, and she certainly won't be 25-30 forever
Yeah, the "I've found my soulmate!" stuff gets thrown around so much it's sickening. If you're single and spend 2 months almost anywhere in the world, unless you're unusually antisocial you can probably find someone who is reasonably compatible with you. It's all about mutual alignment of tastes and attraction, though not even necessarily that. Opposites can attract. But it can happen anywhere.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote