View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:12 AM   #556
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I'm fairly certain that orders are filtered by some degree, but not necessarily by the order number(s) that were attached to them or the timing of when the orders were processed. There are probably a number of contributing factors but I think that NECA's arbitrary shipping deadline is the largest factor. NECA wanted to make sure that all of their customers who pre-ordered got their figures by the week of SDCC, right? So if we were to replace "SDCC" with "Christmas", then it wouldn't surprise me in the least if NECA's shipping manifest for these orders looks pretty similar to what we might see for a typical holiday shipping schedule. Therefore, I believe that the shipping schedule is determined not by who ordered first, but rather by distance.

So orders that are shipped out to the East Coast and US territories are shipped out first, followed closely thereafter by people who live in the Midwest like myself, plus Alaska and Hawaii. The next batch of orders will be set aside for those who live in the great plains and rocky mountain region. And then finally the last set of orders will be sent out by friday or early next week and will arrive to homes in the West Coast the following business day. This shipping schedule ensures that everyone gets their orders around the exact same time. It may not be perfect. Some of us may get our orders 1-2 days in advance of others, but I'm pretty sure that everybody's orders should be on their doorstep by the time that SDCC is open to the public.

Last edited by Panther10; 07-13-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote