View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #68
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Okay I just reread the first three parts of this story arc. A few things:
  • Based on what he says to Master Splinter, Agent Bishop doesn't know what french fries taste like? Just how long has he been a cyborg or whatever? What the **** is his deal?

• The Triceraton Herd's unique mentality makes the comedy of errors that led to their misunderstanding with Spliner and Earth in general so much more believable and tragic. And now the Turtles are so damn conflicted because their dad is proving himself to truly be a warlord from a bygone era who merely surveyed the current lay of the land once he arrived in the modern age, and isn't concerned with updating his morals or code of ethics, as evidenced by the ease with which he operates a vast criminal organization and the scope of his plans for it. And he's even going out of his way to attempt to interact with them as equals, treating their rendezvous as a meeting of rival clan lords, not of a father and sons, but the Turtles are torn between agreeing with their father or doing the right thing and trying to mediate this whole conflict.

• Obviously the Turtles are going to sneak out of the Foot Clan's headquarters against Splinter's wishes and try to talk some reason into Commander Zom, but after that, where this story goes I have no idea. IDW has truly taken us to some unexplored places.

• Also, I just noticed that Damian Couciero isn't returning for the final two issues of this arc as planned. Bummer. (also they misspelled his name in the Ninja Notes column) His replacement is a guy named Brahm Revel who's done an alternate cover for an IDW issue and has his own series called Guerillas but I've not personally seen any of his page work. I hope it fits in with the Couciero's style.

I also just reread the Trial of Krang arc. I wonder if we could see Leatherhead go live with the Triceratons for a while, and learn to accept that even if his consciousness was born from wrong and unfortunate circumstances he is allowed to appreciate his own existence and come to terms with himself. Could be cool.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote