View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #3081
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Customers... for a laugh.

A secondhand story told to me. While liquidating, our store is also selling the fixtures. A lady was asking one of our people about the quads (aka the usual four-armed clothing racks that make up much of the floor in many/most clothing stores).

Like this one, but ours have more holes up each side and tend to have wheels.
Spoiler:

She asked how you use it and was told that you just push the button in (from a hole) and you can pull the bar up/out to adjust the height of the arm, letting the button pop back out a hole to set in place.

Then she asked, "Well how do you know which hole to put it in?"

Just pick one?? Adjust them all to the same height you want??

I fear for the fact that she probably was allowed to drive to our store... If you can't operate a clothing rack, you have no business even driving!

Second story...

It was either another women or the same one, as she possibly matched the description of the woman in the previous story, but either she or someone else was later grilling people over the mannequins. (First me - which I do not handle these sales and kept trying to inform her of where she needed to go to speak to someone about them.)

The majority of the mannequins are the plastic headless sort. She asked "What about the heads?" Apparently, because hats. As if she thought they were supposed to come with heads, even though there is, to any even just moderately smarter, somewhat more observant person, clearly no way to attach one!

My god. While it is in one way funny, people that are THAT lacking in awareness and the most basic attention to detail are so irritating.

Then there was the other girl who was certain that she needed a manger specifically to walk around with her while she look at fixtures, give her prices on demand, expecting I believe to try to get discounts, all while she speaks to her husband on the phone as if they thought they were some kind of special VIP buyers of old retail fixtures.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote