View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #47
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kevin Eastman was brought on at the 11th hour. His role? Being Kevin Eastman, nodding at the dailies, giving everything the thumbs up and going back to tell the fans it's the best thing ever, complete with amazing "The Raid"-style martial arts fighting.

I think he had a bit larger role (and by "larger" I mean bigger than a glorified spokesperson) in previous incarnations of the 2014 movie, particularly surrounding the Fusco draft's version. I remember him mentioning that when Platinum Dunes became involved, suddenly no one was talking to him anymore. Clearly that changed at some point.
Eastman was still working with PD pretty early on in the process. There's some early Shredder concepts from Eastman that are dated 2011, I think. Fusco was, what-- 2009? Definitely not an 11th hour addition, but he didn't exactly have any veto power over the decisions.

Personally, I think it's great how Eastman seems to have fun with whatever he's doing. Keep doing you, man.

...and for the record, I'm all for another live action attempt. I'm not a huge fan of modern animation, however... something weird/experimental/juvenile a'la the Reitman's HEAVY METAL movie would be fun for a nutzoid Mirage animated adaptation.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote