View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #29
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I kinda doubt it. Coming right off the end of the current series, and after we've seen some fairly high-profile flops for the property, doesn't bode particularly well. I honestly think the Bay movies killed a lot of the property's current buzz, and TMNT has a track record with this sort of thing -- attempts to "relaunch" with a new gimmick and/or style when the property's cooling off tend to fall totally flat. Mystic powers could just be the new "red sky" or Fast Forward.

A lot of it depends on the content, which we obviously can't judge yet. Even moreso, it depends on how cheap the new show is to produce -- the lower the overhead, the lesser the ratings pressure. I've got a feeling they'll keep production costs as low as possible here, and I'd be surprised if they cast many/any "famous" voices this time, which would help its chances from a strict budgetary standpoint. But most of all, it'll depend on toy sales -- and launching a new line at the same time the last one ends (after sales have presumably dwindled for some time) might not be that effective. And if the toys aren't selling, the show won't last.

Generally it's smarter to let something rest for a while before making a big splash with a relaunch. It's worked wonders for TMNT before.

Last edited by Bry; 03-14-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote