View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #85
Peanut
Second Gear

It's a 3.8mm security bit. I've never been able to find one anywhere, except online. They use the same screws in all the Nintendo cartridge games, so you only need the one for all of them. They're only about $7 or $8 shipped on eBay, but I've found it to be INCREDIBLY useful. Not just in making sure the inside is clean and the contacts are cleaned all the way into the cart, but even to repair damage. I found a great Adventure Island NES cart that had a crucified back on it, so I picked up a clean 50 cent sports game and swapped the backs. Also works if you get some of those weird yellowed SNES carts that only yellow on one side.

It's well worth getting if you want to fully maintain your collection. Also, if you get in a lot of high priced games from eBay it's worth it just to ensure you're getting legit stuff. I know I've read enough awful sh*t about people getting entirely fooled by bootlegs that I'm pretty wary now.

And thanks, I've already enjoyed quite a bit of Demon's Crest tonight. It's such an incredible game and it and the Gameboy and NES Gargoyle's Quest games are tragically overlooked.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote