View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #67
Dust
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
TMNT 2007 was meant to be its own thing with its own continuity, when the director posted in the drome he always mentioned how it could be seen as a sequel to the first movie and in another post he mentioned it could be seen as a sequel to the first and maybe the second. Of course in the end we saw that little easter egg scene that has the time scepter but besides that there's nothing that connects it to the movies. It feels nothing like the live action movies, people only want it to be in continuity because it's the fourth TMNT film and not a straight up reboot. Had the movie been successful we would've seen it differ eventually from the first 3 films.

Now the movie failed and it's not its own thing by itself only having the prequel comics/young adult books to give the story a bit more backstory. The movie is about the turtles when they're grown up basically and the troubles of things changing, it's the perfect send off for any TMNT show, this is nothing against the Apocalypse ending, which I also liked but this is more of a it's a movie that deserves something more, it's basically my fanon but whatever I see more connections with the Nick show than it has with the live action movies.

I disagree, all 4 turtles, splinter, casey, april are all versions of what the characters from Nick could grow up to be. Karai is the only one that is a bit of a problem.

Anyway, I just watched the movie and besides the inconsistencies I had already mentioned I found a few more:
The turtles act like it's the first time they meet Karai, this can be explained since at first she's wearing a mask. Her being neutral to the turtles kind of helps but there's still some antagonism.

Also another problem is Casey and another turtle act shocked about the foot existing but it clearly existed with Karai before, Leo even mentions "The Shredder is dead" questioning the existence of the foot. I guess we can argue that the foot in general disbanded and Karai left it for a while.

I think it still works as an epilogue for the Nick show. There aren't enough inconsistencies for me to discard it and I'd rather it fits better than the live action films.
It doesn't work at all really, they're two vastly different personalities.
Also, how can Nick Splinter turn into 2007 Splinter when the former is brown, black, white and tall, not to mention he's dead, whereas 2007 Splinter is short and orange?
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote