View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's not often that I agree with cubed, but yeah... people who don't like Star Wars weird me out.

But I'm not gonna make 18 consecutive posts about it either.

Well, Ewoks/Endor should have been Wookies/Kashyyyk. Problem solved. Thanks George.

People always harp on the metal bikini. It wasn't even 5 minutes of screen time. That pales in comparison to her practical garb in every other scene.

Plus she'd been enslaved by a space slug. Who she asphyxiated with the very chains he bound her with. Then they blew him up. That's badass.
Yeah, Wookies would've been awesome. I like the idea of Star Wars, I just don't care for how parts of the original trilogy were executed. It's fine, it's just not great.

I think the Expanded Universe novels probably does Star Wars best, but that's an assumption on my part; being able to build off the foundation of Wars and go crazy with it.

So I respect the franchise, and my kids WILL watch the trilogy, but I don't enjoy it.

And the bikini stuff makes sense, just like you said; I just wanted to see what Cubed had to say about it.