View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #24
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
This is why I love Casey. He's not perfect but he tries and he cares, all he wants to do is make the world a safer place, sure his methods are flawed but he's certainly a chaotic good.
Although on this topic, anyone else get slightly annoyed in the Image comics? I mean there was a subplot about Casey and April being low on money so of course they do the sensible thing and make the guy with a poor employment record go out and get a job while the woman with a degree and plenty of work experience in well a paid field stays at home and takes care of the kid.
I just felt as though the only reason for it was because he was a man, but really it makes no sense. April seemed to enjoy working with computers and surely there's be somewhere in that field employing. Casey lost a job due to anger issues, but he is an amazing father. Wouldn't it make sense for him to take care of Shadow? Furthermore, when they were living in Northampton I think April was the only one working to support them all so I don't get why she couldn't have done that again.

Basically, I love pretty much every character in this franchise because when you really look at them, there's a lot of depth and potential. The problem is that it's often underused. I'd love to see a version that gives the human characters interesting arcs, to tell you the truth, my favourite arcs in City at War (Mirage comics) were April and Casey's.
Yeah... the Image series was not the most progressive version of the TMNT franchise, as indicated by Pimiko's super functional ninja outfit.

Also, as much credit as Casey deserves for sticking with Gabrielle and adopting Shadow, April deserves even more for adopting Shadow. There's another degree of separation between her and Shadow than Casey has. She is taking on a child for the rest of her life with a guy she was not even sure about.

It just shows the depths of importance of "chosen family" in the TMNT franchise, which is cool.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote