View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #15
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthTurtles81 View Post
Oh, I didn't realise you guys didn't get boxsets at all, just the volumes. That sucks!
Well, there were a couple American box sets, but they were just repackaging of the same single volumes in slipcovers. On the other hand, we did get all the volumes released. I mean, I did collect the entire series. I would've preferred it get full season BluRays (like Nick did for their Avatar stuff), but it is what it is.

Quote:
I get what you mean now, I just did these covers as if all 5 seasons of the show had been released in those single dvd sized cases that can actually hold all four volumes/discs. That's how they released seasons 1-3 here in the UK, where I live.
Sure.

Quote:
Though even in the UK, you cannot get complete season 4 or 5 sets at all. 4 is only available in two separate 2 disc volumes and less than half the episodes from Tales Of aren't even available at all here. You can only get the Monsters and Mutants and Wanted Bebop And Rocksteady volumes on DVD.
You meant the Tales of... monster story was it's own DVD in the UK? Here, that was part of the "Final Chapters" release. (Basically, season 5 was in three volumes in the States; Super Shredder -- which contained the last piece of season 4 plus the opening arc of season 5 -- Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady -- which was just the multi-part Nick/'80s TMNT crossover story plus the flashback episode with Splinter -- and "The Final Chapters," which had the rest of the season. None of it was really in order after the "resurrect Shredder" story, but since season 5 was largely episodic, it's not that bad.)

Quote:
I had to get a Tales Of import DVD set from Italy and the sleeve is all in Italian (Obviously!), so that's what spurred me to do all of these in the first place!
Don't blame you.