View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #1512
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Happy holidays to everyone!

My memory is foggy because we were thinking about Leatherhead way before we introduced him, so this is years back. And big apologies to Tom if i'm taking credit for something he did. But I believe it was my idea for him to be the "first mutant" (or at least, earth mutant). From there, I think it sort of evolved naturally between Tom and I... the idea that this is a creature, first of his kind, alone and isolated (except some contact from Krang and his underlings) who would start to evolve some pretty messed up thought processes. He had a peaceful existence and then suddenly he's turned into this nightmare creature in captivity and subject to torture. It makes (twisted) sense that he would believe himself to be an abomination, and extend that feeling towards other mutants. After all, if he was never mutated, his life would have been fine. Ergo, mutants are not natural and shouldn't exist!

I often reference Frankenstein's Monster when talking about him: something that's not necessarily bad, but shouldn't exist, and how that colors one's self-worth. And ultimately we thought that would set him apart from all the other characters and make him a bit unpredictable.

We've got fun plans for him in the future!
Reminds me a lot of what they tried to do with the Indominus Rex in Jurassic World. Great stuff!

Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the IDW crew!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote