View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #475
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Finished watching S1 and well my opinion changed through out the show.

At first I found it extremely boring and hated it and I really wanted to love the show. I mean you have c-list heroes forming a team and they time travel to fight Vandal Savage? But episode after episode it was just a bore to watch. Luckily after the Green Arrow episode which man did his "old" make up look fake as f-ck. The show seemed to slowly get better as I started to enjoy it a lot and by the end there were plenty of episodes I really liked and I actually started caring about what was happening.

Random thoughts.
Why is hawkman white? I normally hate when they race swap but Hawkgirl being brown made perfect sense so why not him as well?

Still unsure if I like Captain Cold and Heat Wave being on the team, I love them and think they're awesome but both were awesome villains as well and well I got to see a whole season of them, so I'm conflicted. Also why would two guys withe lement guns be recruited? haha.

I stopped paying attention to all the time travel, but it seemed like many things just wouldn't make sense anymore because of the changes they made like Sara meeting Lance in the past. The time travel also doesn't seem to match with how it works in The Flash's universe but then again even on that show the time travel was iffy.

The only team member I didn't like is Sarah/White Canary, I never liked her in Arrow and she's just as pointless here. Hawkgirl was also annoying but what can I say to have Hawkgirl in a show is cool even if her wings are hardly seen. The Atom I hated in Arrow but here I was able to stand him. Another good thing about this show is it cut the fat of characters that Arrow/Flash had accumulated, sure they still found ways to add even more characters but hey at least they tried.

Savage had potential to be such an awesome villain but he had many mediocre and weak episods, It was still cool. Seeing Jonah Hex was also cool even if I didn't like the actor, I actually thinkt he movie might've been better.

Looking forward to Season 2 even if I might not see it till next year.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote