View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
VisionsofJessica
Mouser

Swedish releases; Just made a discovery

I recently got back to my hometown down south in Sweden, made sure to find some of my old photos from the 80's and 90's - the good old days

I found a photo from my 7th birthday in 1991. On the photo, I'm just opening the gift that was TMNT 1 for NES

In the background I could see a carded Don that I had previously opened. However, what I realized for the very first time was that written that large green font it said SKÖLDPADDOR, which means TURTLES.
A Swedish titled card

The toy itself wasn't that official Playmates one, but one looking more like bootlegs like Turtles Fighters. I still got that figure.

But! Then I had a retro flashback remembered that these figures were sold in major Swedish toys stores like Lekia/ Lekcenter (our version of Toys R US).

I remembered that some were sold carded like the one I got and some were sold in those see-through plastic bags that are more common with Mexican bootlegs.

Is there anyone here from Sweden who also remembered these SKÖLDPADDOR? And how could Lekia/ Lekcenter sell these unlicensed versions?
VisionsofJessica is offline   Reply With Quote