View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #3034
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I actually didn't notice that Leonardo had different swords for the entire season. Regardless, I still feel like the Kavaxas arc should be near the end, to give some time after Shredder's death before a plot centered around resurrecting him. Since the stakes were the highest, the villain was the most dangerous, it involved everyone, and it definitively ended the last main plot of the show, I really feel it works better near the finale. Lone Rat and Cubs follows as an excellent coda and bookend to this show, bringing the whole story full circle. Heck, the only reason I put the Bebop and Rocksteady arc in between the two was because it was the only arc that directly referenced and dealt with the aftermath of the Kavaxas arc. And it does work pretty well as an action packed clean-up story.
Yeah, I was initially pretty annoyed that they immediately went for a Shredder resurrection story, but it ended up being so good I didn't care.

Following the timeline, the Kavaxas arc would be several months after Owari, so there is a gap there, but I understand how you feel like the narrative should breathe a little bit.
Quote:

As to the Mutant Apocalypse arc, I don't object to a bleak or bittersweet ending, as long as it's satisfying in a way or it fits. With Mirage, it was bleak, but it was built up to, and it ultimately fit with Mirage's main message: "Life, at best, is bittersweet." With the Nick show, however, the bleak ending comes out of nowhere extremely suddenly, and effectively renders the whole show a shaggy dog story. It's a great episode and I did enjoy it, and I mean no disrespect to Ciro Nieli, but as an ending it just isn't satisfying. It leaves out a bunch of characters and it's just plain bleak and antithetical to the tone of the show. That's why I think Lone Rat and Cubs works better, ending on the turtles stepping into the beginning of their adventures. (Though you are right, it is intended to be watched last. I actually did like the final image the show ended on.) Thanks for your thoughts!
Yeah, I hate that they left out April and Karai. Karai's arc was at least finished, but April's story never was. And since she was so powerful (and not to mention immune to mutagen), there's no reason to believe she wasn't still alive.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote