View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #20
rh608
Thug

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
This is my helmet.

Some history on it. Drome member Navin Johnson mentioned in prior posts, that all 3 helmets were re used for the 2nd film. So technically a part 1 helmet didnt exist. After part 1 finished filming the original creator of the 1st Shredder helmet did not return for the sequel, but they re used what was left over.

This helmet in particular was in need of repairs and missing the silver trim that covered parts of the gold squares. It also had a top blade from part 2 that was latex rubber and warped. It was actually stuck under another part 2 helmet until I purchased it from another drome member

Since I had the top blade from the first film as well, I had Tom Spina convert it back to the original part 1 helmet. Some of the gold squares were glued,which created smooth areas, so I called on Tom Spina to complete a sympathetic restoration. In the photo above the blade is slightly higher than where its supposed to be, so he lowered it before returning to my possession.
You are the one person in the world I am truly jealous of! If you ever want/need to get rid of any of that shredder gear please let me be the first you make inform! For real!
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote