View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #67
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The nick show has.... um....? I mean what new story arcs do they have to work with?
Quoted from Coola Yagami

Well to name a few;

* April's development into a combat capable character - from her induction into Ninja training in Season 1 to the emergence of a 'Dark April' in Season 5.

(and I am well aware not everyone was a fan of this - but then I wasn't fond of the storyline that said she was a pencil drawing. Swings and roundabouts eh?)

* Ivan Steranko and Zeck Anton as criminal elements distinct from the Foot.

* Nicks take on Slash and the introduction of Pigeon Pete - both of whom have now been incorporated into IDW.

* Timothy/Pulverizer storyline (admittedly, not seen through to a satisfying conclusion - yet)

* New mutants including the Creep, Fishface, Dogpound, Snakeweed, Tigerclaw, Spiderbytez, Chimera, Speed Demon, Mushroom men, Parasitica wasp, Dr Rockwell, Newtralizer and Serpent Karai - to name a few. Plus human originals like Shinagami.

Now I'll admit a lot of those are just elements and not 'arcs' but Nick did successfully implement a blend of Shredder's revenge arcs with the Kraang (Utrom) Invasion - including the added surprise of Kraang Sub Prime (another series original).

Season 3 and 4 have been more focused on existing older story arcs - but 4 concluded the Dark april arc (a Nick original) and gave us a decent Super Shredder arc (which is original in inception, even if not in concept)

Plus its not always necessary to invent a completely new story arc to work with, when you can instead take a fresh look at an existing one.

The Kraang invasion of Earth is hardly a fresh concept, but Nick did provide a very different technodrome, very different Rock soldiers, the Kraang as a completely reinvented enslaved hive mind, and a good origin of the mutagen.

Shredder's vengeance arc is also very much not original, but I think its fair to say that Nick has put a unique variant of it out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote