Thread: Comicsgate
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #51
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Worth noting threats, death or otherwise, have increased a lot, especially these days with the influx of minority talent, so if you're wondering why comic personalities are getting more combative, there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Is punching Hitler really a political thing, though? Like, political statements can be disagreed with. Who doesn't think Hitler should be punched in the face?
White supremacists. Neo-Nazi's. Alt-righters. Wolfenstein II came out very recently and some of them came out of the woodwork to get upset about it, because Nazi killing.

http://www.newsweek.com/nazi-video-g...-slogan-679530
https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtiss.../#189d72f02554

Great game, by the way. I really appreciate it for taking a hard look at the past and America at the time and how a good portion of the country might have reacted if we'd lost, even if it's dressed with crazy Nazi mechs and airships. It got a little more real than I expected and had something to say.

Quote:
Would there be a hit list of creators if they didn't engage these people the way they do?
Oh yeah, there would be. But I've looked into the thing more since yesterday, and the reasons the list is compiled is laughable. Sitterson's on there because he's a New Yorker, from New York City, who was living in NYC on 9/11, who snarked about people who get up their own ass about their "suffering" over the day when they live thousands of miles away. Johnston because he reported on these lists and harassment campaigns targeting creators. The rest are there simply because they promote a "SJW" agenda and not anything in particular they said, which explains Kelly Sue - I'm sure Bitch Planet didn't go over well with them - and probably Fraction. Larry Hama's probably on there because he made a new Snake Eyes who isn't a man.

So, you know, now having that context, f*** 'em.