View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That was an alright premier. Liked all the oddjob rounds DM had after he got fired, the parking ticket one even became a pivotal plot point at the conclusion.

The bits with the split screens was funny...they basically have to share the same sets as the crime lab because of a budget cutback.

They managed to sneek in an arm being cut off and excused it as being just Col.K's hologram. There's even a reference to Red Dwarf when DM theorizes that it uses hard light beam technology.

Another callback was showing where the original Frog's Head Flyer from the classic series was stored (I'm not that big a fan of the new design in comparison)

"Greenback's reformed, he said so on a chat show, if you can't trust that, what can you?"

Loved that the I-Patch has a ring tone, that and the newspaper disguises, Penfold even tries to answer a crossword on DM's disguise.

Plot was a bit all over the place, and I feel DM acted a tad too incompetant, but it had plenty of decent action, and I'll tune in daily for the 15-minute episodes
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote