View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #66
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Pretty low. I've got nothing to base a firm opinion on, but I enjoyed the 2012 series quite a bit (not perfect, but its strengths outweighed its weaknesses) and I feel like next year is a really quick turnover for me to get invested in a whole new iteration. Too quick. We'll see how I feel next year, though.

All said, I'm kind of feeling ready to let the franchise rest for a while, aside from the comics. On the whole it feels like TMNT's in one of its "cooling off" periods. I know those damned Bay movies drained a ton of my enthusiasm for the property, even though I tried to just dismiss/ignore them, and the rumours that this show is going to emulate its designs, if true, just strikes me as idiotic and off-putting.

I always want to like TMNT stuff, so I'll give it a shot, but I'm just not excited for a new Turtles show like I was leading up to 2003 or 2012, and I honestly won't feel bad about giving it a pass if it doesn't grab me. I'm just not feeling invested like that anymore. I've got tons of TMNT media I love and can re-read/watch/etc any time, and at this point I'm happy with that.