Thread: [Want to Buy] TMNT #29 "Fan Comic" version
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
Do you have a copy of the book, either of you? I personally don't have a copy...yet...so I can't really say for 100% it is as horrendous as you three describe. I would have to have a physical copy, in my hands, and flip through every page and compare to the one it is accused of being photocopied from. I am just interested in fulfilling my completest collection of all TMNT comic printed...and I'm told, this one is printed.
If it is a serious as you say, I would seriously need to look this book over before I start pointing fingers, especially if I have never held the book...know what I mean. So if anyone has a copy, PM so I can verify it for myself.
The guy who made these illegal bootleg copies did so because he didn't want to pay the going rate for an authentic copy. While printing out a digital version for personal use likely isn't a crime, printing out copyrighted material (of which TMNT comics certainly qualify) and then distributing it certainly is.

This is what this guy did and it was illegal. He proceeded to make the copies and distribute them after being told it was illegal by several people. He stated that it didn't "feel" illegal and said that he's fine as long as he's only breaking even and not clearing a profit (which is incorrect). In the thread, at least one person claimed to have received a copy of the book. The thread was then removed, though it's unclear if it was removed at the request of the original poster or by the moderation team after they caught wind of the illegal activity.

This guy was committing illegal activity and broadcasting it on a public forum. The practice shouldn't be supported as doing so harms the community as a whole. As for collecting every printed TMNT comic, stick to known studio releases or even mass-produced works of fan fiction. There's more than enough there to keep you busy. Don't let your moral fiber be compromised for the sake of your collection.