View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #8104
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

This woman from liquidation is really going to be one of the main reasons we all end up being glad to be done cleaning up this store and out of there. Jeezus. She'd already been driving the managers a bit nutty for weeks, but now more-so (she clearly now thinks she's their boss) and starting to bother the rest of us.

I'd gone with a co-worker to help her sweep up and clear any junk out of the air room, or whatever they call it... Where the large air conditioning ("chiller") system is. It doesn't have the best light, so we kind of did a half assed job, but we at least cleaned up anything that was obvious so it looked alright. It's not the neatest room to start with and I'd never even been in there before (and mostly I was more concerned with if a space was okay to go into between things or if it's going to kill me), so lord knows what it should look like clean.

So this liquidation woman apparently went up there a bit later to inspect after we'd left it. She had us go back up to remove a couple of boards. Of which we're confused by what the hell she's even talking about... We had to have her show us what she meant.

She frigging pointed out two boards, standing on their side, far back against a wall in a dark area under/behind some air, uh, machinery, for lack of a better word. My co-worker and I had seriously thought these boards - OLD boards - were a white border along the wall... And they're both rather long... and clearly REALLY old. One was able to be removed, but another is apparently so long that it may not be able to be gotten out, at least not without something to cut it.

This woman seriously pointed out two boards far back in some dark space that have very possibly been there for much of (all of?) this store's 55 years. They looked THAT old. And I'm not even sure how the longer board would have gotten back there without it being there to start with and having things built in front of it.

For gods sake, I'm surprised she's not counting the spiders in the store and declaring it too many. Ugh.

My direct manager even let us leave a bit early so this woman would stop harassing her so much about what these people are doing, or what those people are doing, etc. because she wants to order everyone around that much. Who knew the role of liquidation included bossing us around about how WE clean up OUR store.

But at least we're not alone, she's also working with another closing Sears over in New Jersey, so she's probably driving them crazy on the days she's not with us... lol

P.S. Also, I'd forgotten something at work and ran back after I'd gotten home, stopping by on my way to the grocery store. I'm sitting at the light facing the store (waiting forever for the green light as usual) and watching people on the roof of the store. I suddenly realized this woman was now even on the god damned roof, with two of the managers. Liquidation people do this?? (Honestly, I wonder if either of the guys had a passing fantasy of shoving her off.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote