View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #24
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i completely agree MikeandRaph87 about not being able to enjoy every singe story a writer produced.
one Morrison story in particular i was incredibly disappointed at was 'Nameless'.
i had such high hopes for it, but it just didn't jive with me. and i'd re-read it a few times hoping something would connect.
too many obscure references forced down the reader's throat over and over. took me right out of the story. but that's only one story of a few that i really didn't like.

as far as Grant otherwise, he's one of my all time favorite comic writers.
he really is responsible for getting me back into collecting comics. (CURSE YOU Morrison!)
he was doing such amazing things with Batman (and then Batman & Robin)
i just think he had too much on his plate at the time of 'The Return of Bruce Wayne'
it began so good, but i feel the end fell flat. at least the end of his run of B&R which he was writing at the same time was excellent.
plus at the same time he was also writing the 'Batman: The Return' one-shot as well as starting the Batman Incorporated series.

from the solicits i really didn't expect to like Batman Inc, but after the first few issues i fell in love with it.
too bad the reboot had to throw it off course. that HAD to have an effect on the remaining issue.