View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 12:37 AM   #20
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The media, social or otherwise, aren't to blame for this guy taking the law into his own hands. He's to blame for it.
Him and anyone who put him in a position to have any authority to abuse in the first place.

Blaming the media for this is like saying the only thing he did wrong was get caught.

I probably didn't word my post right. I wasn't suggesting that. Of course the media isn't to blame for what he did. He's solely responsible for his wrong actions. The only others that would be at fault are, like you said, those that were negligent in choosing to put him in his position of (relative) power.

What I meant with the media thing was in response to earlier posts in regards to a lot of people seemg police officers as people who constantly abuse their power. It's a very wrong opinion to have, as most officers aren't like that. Butdue to the various media outlets reporting only this kind of stuff and shining a bad light on officers for the sake of generating buzz or whatever, it's an opinion that likely isn't going to any time soon.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote