View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #73
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What's this about Penders shutting down a SATAM movie? Was it considered after the DVDs came out for it?
Ben Hurst tried at one time to collaborate w/ Penders for what could have been, a SatAM movie. It backfired.

It took me a while to find the material (and it's source), but ..here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hurst
I did consult with DIC to see if there was a way to generate some enthusiasm for a feature film to be the "Third Season" of SatAm. I was given the name of a SEGA executive and had a most pleasant conversation. She had to go to a meeting, but said she would like to talk to me more about the idea.

The next day, I got a call from Ken Penders, who had been alerted by his contact in their office that I was interested in getting a Sonic movie going. I generously offered to include him in the effort and told him my strategy. Get SEGA to become invested in the idea by hiring us to interview their creative game designers, execs, etc and see if we could develop a story line that would fulfill the third season - and simultaneously give them creative ideas to develop new games. A win-win, situation.

Then, I called SEGA back, but I was shocked when the exec "lit" into me, telling me, "People pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!" Then she hung up on me. Obviously, Penders had related my strategy to them in a less-than-flattering way. Thanks for the knife, Ken.

So, I gave up. Later, I was informed by friendly fans that Penders had written in his message board or some such place that "Ben Hurst doesn't know how movies are made in Hollywood." (Hey Ken, read "Adventures in Screenwriting" by William Goldman and get some humility) Then he dropped hints that HE would be the writer for a big Sonic Feature Film. That was three years ago.
http://www.saturdaymorningsonic.com/features/ben_hurst/

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 08-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote