View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
GameCube on the same level as Wii U, which is also ranked above the N64? And you rank the original Wii above all of them and also above the original DS? And the original Game Boy(I'm guessing you're also including GBC in that?) in 2nd place above every Nintendo console except the SNES? That's really interesting and I dare say a tad unpopular. Could you elaborate? I'm curious.
Well, I enjoy both consoles equally more or less equally, with respect to 1st party content. Well, Wii U might even have the advantage, actually. Yoshi, Kirby, & Donkey Kong are my 3 favorite series', & none of them got proper/traditional titles on GC. Wind Waker & Twilight Princess are top-tier games, but each have versions on other consoles, so they don't help.

I really liked Wii's motion controls, & it had a super solid 1st party catalog. 2 LOZ's, 2 Kirby's, multiple ridiculously innovative Marios, Wario, DKC, Smash, buncha Pokemon stuff, Metroid, they put a lot of focus into their properties. It has a very classic feel to me.

The original Gameboy is something I grew up with, so it's extra precious to me. But I genuinely favor it/play it more than most other consoles. There are just sooooo many good games, & like the Wii, virtually none of the key characters were ignored. Introduced Pokemon & Kirby. So many great third party games based on cartoons & stuff too. I grew up on it alongside SNES, so there's definitely a nostalgia/familiarity bias, but I love their offerings the most, plain & simple. I play the hell out of em both.

I never had an N64, so I've only played the essentials via remakes & VC (more or less the same deal with NES). Third party titles I had on Playstation. I didn't get a DSi until less than a year before the 3DS came out, so I barely got to explore its library. I've got some essential 1st party stuff, but I'm not terribly attached to it. Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy these systems plenty!

I'm not saying that's my order for what is objectively best or anything, it's just my preference based on how frequently I still play them & stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote