View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well, I enjoy both consoles equally more or less equally, with respect to 1st party content. Well, Wii U might even have the advantage, actually. Yoshi, Kirby, & Donkey Kong are my 3 favorite series', & none of them got proper/traditional titles on GC. Wind Waker & Twilight Princess are top-tier games, but each have versions on other consoles, so they don't help.

I really liked Wii's motion controls, & it had a super solid 1st party catalog. 2 LOZ's, 2 Kirby's, multiple ridiculously innovative Marios, Wario, DKC, Smash, buncha Pokemon stuff, Metroid, they put a lot of focus into their properties. It has a very classic feel to me.

The original Gameboy is something I grew up with, so it's extra precious to me. But I genuinely favor it/play it more than most other consoles. There are just sooooo many good games, & like the Wii, virtually none of the key characters were ignored. Introduced Pokemon & Kirby. So many great third party games based on cartoons & stuff too. I grew up on it alongside SNES, so there's definitely a nostalgia/familiarity bias, but I love their offerings the most, plain & simple. I play the hell out of em both.

I never had an N64, so I've only played the essentials via remakes & VC (more or less the same deal with NES). Third party titles I had on Playstation. I didn't get a DSi until less than a year before the 3DS came out, so I barely got to explore its library. I've got some essential 1st party stuff, but I'm not terribly attached to it. Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy these systems plenty!

I'm not saying that's my order for what is objectively best or anything, it's just my preference based on how frequently I still play them & stuff.
I know it's just your preferences. I was just wondering what made you prefer some to others, that's all.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote