View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #51
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Out of curiousity why did you dislike Vision Quest, I personally thought it was one of the strongest episode of season 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
While I think Vision Quest is a decent episode, especially in comparison to most of season 3, it still felt mishandled. Vision Quest feels like a sudden "Wait, we gotta return to NY!" now, a sudden shift in tone. Its emotional moment with Splinter ala the 90s movie was rushed and didn't have the warmth of the former, just repetition of the Turtles' overall flaws. Finally, which is my personal problem, the episode feels overstuffed with the fights. They were handled well but went by too fast with minimal stakes.

I think for being the episode to tie Northampton and a Return to New York type scenario together, it could've had more to it. Vision Quest easily could've been a multi-parter, especially considering at least two or three of the episodes at Northampton were extraneous (Foot Too Big, The Croaking, Race with the Demon, and Eye of the Chimera easily are my choices there).
Forgot to answer earlier, sorry.

Yeah, the action was excellent but it didn't carry any weight for me. Here's what I said back when it debuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Honestly didn't like it. All the combat was great but other than that it felt rushed and a lot of it was silly.

I won't nitpick everything, but my main beef was with the campfire scene with Splinter. His speech in the first movie has moved me to tears several times, but here he shows up and basically says "you're an asshole, you're a retard, you're a nerd and you're a big pussy. Now go dress up and play make believe in the woods. Also I'm not dead."

And then Mikey is the only one to get emotional.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote