View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Oh yeah because this is the only generation where people react to dissapointment in unhealthy ways.
The **** does racism have to do with this shooting
Show me the number of school shootings every year between, say, 1960 and 2000. If they're close to the numbers since Columbine, we can talk. They're not, though, so we won't.

And of course mass shootings and other killings don't JUST happen at schools... only MOSTLY. That means it's predominantly a Young Male problem. As in, "Young Males of the current generation can't handle not getting their way, and respond by hurting people." That's a common denominator, if nothing else.

People have always had a hard time coping with disappointment, yeah, but in past generations, "disappointment" meant getting drafted into a war right out of high school and coming home missing a body part. And most of THOSE people still went on to live healthy and productive lives, PTSD and all. Mass shootings ANYWHERE have never been as rampant, even when it was far EASIER for angry people to get guns than it is today.

It's almost like people's values changed since then!

"The girl I liked won't talk to me, and the football coach said I smell. Better get a gun and shoot them all dead!" is a f*cking brand new idea. Less than 20 years old. Disprove it.

Kids nowadays, for some reason, think this kind of response to "disappointment" is appropriate. Or else it's cutting/self-mutilation, or whatever. All of this is relatively new, and it's being taught to them somehow. For hundreds of years, people didn't act this way, and now they do. WHY? That's what I want to know. I have my own theories, and I'm PRETTY sure they're right, but most people don't even seem to care about any of that, they just want to talk about guns, the least-important link in the entire chain.

I don't care about guns. I care about why we're raising a generation of maladjusted pussies who think mass-murder "fixes" people teasing you. That's the Real Problem. Their brains are broken, we need to raise them differently. Or stop having them altogether. I'm fine with that idea as well; we're obviously regressing as a species, in spite of all this technology. Hmmm... could it be that all this technology that isolates and dehumanizes us could ALSO be a factor in the current state of things? Hmmmm....

Yes. It is.

If things are going to improve, people need to focus on what's actually going on and stop trying to change the subject.
------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There has been nothing to come out suggesting the shooter was racist.
As for the racist angle, pretty sure this kid was, based on what I read. Evidence being, he apparently often wore SS or Nazi-inspired pins on his clothing and other things like that (although to be fair, he may not have even understood what they meant). But also, Texas. Let's be honest, those people would still call black people "N-Word (First Name)" if they could get away with it.

On the other hand, he apparently shot at people with no racial bias at all, aiming only for people he disliked regardless of race.

So it would seem that the shooter was indeed a racist, BUT, the shooting itself was not particularly racially motivated. That's how it looks, anyway.

It's worth paying attention to, at least, because it means that if he didn't do what he did, he was only a few years away from carrying out a racially-motivated shooting on behalf of some white-supremacist group, anyway. That's almost a certainty, given what we know.

Kid was cracked, and he was going to explode over someone, for some reason, it was only a matter of time. Someone should'a f*cking done something long before now. Where were his parents, teachers, guidance counselors, or... anyone?

Texas governor says, "No warning signs", kids who knew him say differently. Evidence such as what was on the kid's Facebook page supports the latter.

What a mess.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 05-20-2018 at 09:15 PM.