View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #25
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

The initial Triceraton/Fugitoid arc was what kind of cemented me as a fan when I watched 2k3 as a kid and again when I read Mirage in college. I knew them from FW and most of the first season of 2k3 as basically street level heroes, but then forcing them into such a strange situation really helped define the characters and their dynamics.

Even though it was a real slog in terms of gameplay, that was also why I enjoyed the Game Boy Advance Battle Nexus game so much as a kid.

It showed the kinds of outlandish adventures the TMNT can have in comparison to other groups of characters. To see a live action/animated adaptation that is true to that original spirit but also leads just as seamlessly into that arc would be very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote