View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
For example in IDW I really wish we could've seen some of his adjustment to the new day and age he found himself in, being amazed by cars and planes, computers, phones, the internet, all of that. It's not that he would have reacted to anything in a particularly funny way, I just think him seeing all of this new technology and saying to himself "ah yes, this will be most useful in my plans to take control of this territory" in such a pragmatic, matter-of-fact way would have been funny.
I was wondering about that...
Part of me just thinks it would just be a great big "What's this" sequence, but without the Christmas and skeleton.

And oh god, 2003 Shredder really, really needs more personality. I could see him (or prefer to see him) on a similar level to Scar from Full Metal Alchemist...but with political power.

Or at the very least a little obvious that he would have a lot of patience with small children to make it seem more credible that he'd spend more time with Karai. Maybe we could have seen things scattered around the manor that suggested the nature of that time of their lives.

It would make him a little more dimension if, for all the violence he's committed, that he genuinely loved Karai. Not just "as if" she was his own child, but he does consider her his own child...even if it is just in a legal sense. Maybe there's implications he had a biological child that he lost.

Someone considered a retelling where Ch'rell was a rebel leader and it's way more interesting than anything given in the actual show.

But, 4Kids wasn't capable of thinking in shades of gray morality, so that never happened.

Ch'rell just doesn't seem like someone who people would be keeling over from screaming their loyalty to the heavens for.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-12-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote