View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

What do you want in TMNT3?

Please read before posting:There are plenty of threads to discuss why you hate PD's TMNT and the unlikely sequel because of B.O. results so let's keep that out of here. It's a what if thread, only Andrew is welcome to troll.

I like what this interpretations offers, a live action TMNT film where anything is possible including the most out there stuff in any incarnation. Not even during the TMNT fad did they feel comfortable having the turtles travel in space. What I like about this version is there aren't any restrictions on what they can't do. I honestly think this will be the only time we'll ever see the Technodrome or Krang on the big screen so I'd definitely want to see more of this universe but I'm not sure what I'd want in a sequel.

Shredder could've recovered from his transformers armor/defeat in the first movie but I don't think he could ever be a legitimate threat in a fight after being disposed of by Krang in seconds, talk about burying the main villain so I don't see him being a big threat besides being someone who moves chess pieces around. Sachs was completely ignored so I don't see them ever bringing him back. I'm pretty sure B&R would be back in some minor way. The Technodrome and Kraang I just don't see them in a sequel after this, sure his dialog would imply he'd return but what else could they really do that they didn't do in this film with them to make it different? Baxter Stockman was obviously set up to return big in a sequel and he'd probably mutate but I doubt he'd be able to carry a film by himself.

I'm not really sure what I'd want but I'd want them to try something totally sci-fi/fantasy heavy and craziest TMNT stories out there that would never be able to be done in a more "realistic" TMNT movie. And I don't mean time travel, that's not that out there but doing a Triceraton invasion/space movie, Battle Nexus, ancient japanese legends with lots of magic, all out mutant fest where we see all our favorite mutants all in one movie. Like I mentioned the redeeming factor in this interpretation is they can do things that most grounded interpretations wouldn't be able to do so they should take advantage of that since none of us care if the hulk turtles do outlandish stuff. I don't want a "city at war" story or whatever with these turtles, we can save that for a much better interpretation of the turtles.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote