View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I'm starting a video project called "Can it be fixed?"

In this youtube program, I will look at episodes, arcs, films, and seasons from TMNT and talk about how they can be improved. But I would like to open the floor so I can hear other peoples thoughts and ideas about how the story could be improved upon.

And by fixing something I don't mean cop-out suggestions of "The best way to fix it is just not write this story to begin with."

But say someone gave you a script to a story that is in production and told to improve it. You can't change the plot as a whole, but you can change how it plays out. You can add or remove characters that really don't add anything to the story or give them more motivation to be there.

The first thing to fix is the 2014 movie because that is the freshest incarnation in the franchise.
For tmnt 2014? HMMM, LET'S SEE....

-Less focus on April, it's the turtles movie, not hers.
-make the designs more traditional. You don't have to ape the henson suits, but try to translate what we see in the comics and cartoons better.
-Turn Eric Sachs into Baxter Stockman. This alone makes the story work SO much better.
-Make Splinter either Hamato Yoshi's reincarnation, or Yoshi's pet rat before he went to the lab. No learning martial arts from a book.
-more turtle screen time. let's see them hanging out, playing video games, etc. show us their personalities.
-more screen time for shredder, show us who he is. And make the armor just armor, not a robotic suit.
-change the plot to wanting the extract their blood to mutate the city, instead on a goofy cure for a killer disease.
-Let will Arnett go full unlikable sleaze for Vernon Fenwick, don't try to make him likeable so he's casey-lite. On the other side of the coin, un-sleaze Mikey, and make him more likeable and easygoing.

I think that those changes alone would make a better movie!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote