View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #62
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Ian Malcolm made no sense as the main character for TLW, he was used because the book had him but the movie is nothing like the book so why keep Ian? I know I wanted Grant for Jurassic Park 2 as a kid, at least we got him back for 3.

As a kid I loved JP and wanted JP2 so badly, I always expected it to be like the Series II figures of the toyline and the JP// Chaos Effect SNES game which dealt with trying to take control back of the park and recovering the embryos in the shaving cream but that never happened.

I was so mad that the viral websites for JW basically contained information that the reconstruction of the park and hints of the ACU Unit we see in JW basically doing everything I wanted for a sequel but here it was done off-screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sidenote: why is everyone calling the new movie JW2? It's clearly Jurassic Park 5, more evident than ever with their bringing back Malcolm now. I doubt "World" will even be in the title.
Universal itself made sure to specify they were two different brands, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. They even have two official twitter accounts depending on the brand so they seem to want to handle it this way.

Also they wanted to set up JW as the first of a new trilogy and they will all be linked somewhat and not necessarily directly related to say the original trilogy. Hell Isla Sorna is never even mentioned in JW. So yeah the JP fandom thinks the next movie will be JW:Subtitle or Jurassic _____, hence the fanon named JW Trilogy or Jurassic Trilogy.

But yeah it's indeed Jurassic Park 5 and that's awesome, they actually mentioned this movie would have more links to the first movie than JW, whatever that may mean since JW is fairly linked to JP1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Because its not Jurassic Park 5 in name, and Malcolm has a supporting role as opposed to being the main.
Ian Malcolm reportedly will have a big role in the movie, he's not just a quick appearance like Ellie Sattler in JP/// or Hammond and the kids in TLW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Just read JW2 might not take place on an island. So that would make more sense for him to get involved somehow. I mean because the notion was they wouldn't purposely return to an island with dinosaurs.

I really hope it deals with either 2 separate parks which I think was mentioned or the mainland.
We know for a fact that at least some parts of the movie have to take place in Isla Nublar since they filmed in Hawaii and re-used some set pieces of JW. There were rumors that it would take place in London because it was going to be filmed there but it was later confirmed they were only filming there but the movie did not take place in London.

Will all the movie be in the islands? I think it's likely but if it isn't then at least a big part will. I actually think a lot of it will take place in a laboratory. They seem to be going for a scary/thriller movie with this one based on some comments like "since this movie will come out 3 years later the kids who grew up with it will be teenagers" and "It'll be scarier and more mature".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote