View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #51
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Although his brother getting killed hardly justifies Saki trying to rape Tang Shen in any way, let alone kill her. And I'm not a huge fan of Splinter as a douche. So I've always looked at the changes as improvements, really.
Where did this rape thing come into play? Nagi was definitely being aggressive with Tang Shen (although the story only ever portrays him as beating her), but Saki just shows up at her door years later and kills her.

Quote:
So much of Mirage #1 would likely have been written differently had they known they were building the foundation for another 30+ years of stories, instead of a one-shot parody book.
Would it? I don't know; if the idea was to create something with more mainstream, good-vs-evil appeal, definitely. And that's what's been done, time and time again as the franchise has been reinterpreted in new media and under different publishers.

But the Mirage series stuck to its guns on the content of the first issue and later (some fifty issues later, but still), pulled things together thematically so well that you could be convinced it was planned from the start.

Last edited by Cipher; 01-26-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote