View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #72
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySatire View Post
- 2003 was better than the 2012. 2012 was cringey and aimed at small children, while the 2003 treated the audience like they were older. Even when I was 10, I liked knowing the show treated me like a capable, smart child. 2012 was talking down to the audience if anything. Also, in the 2012 Mikey's a joke (they seriously got lost with his character), Leo's EVERYTHING and then some, Raph is emo as ****, and Donnie is APRITELLO APRITELLO and that ends it there for his character development. The 2003 don actually went through some stuff and grew, 2003 Mike was somewhat mature at the end of the series and seemed to have made peace with both being goofy and fun-loving and being mature and understanding. He was cocky and conceited for a few episodes, but every teenager goes through that phase.

- 2018 is actually better than the 2012 imo. At least there is nice animation and a fun, carefree vibe.

- I generally just don't like 2012. It could've been something great, but they rushed everything. The art is...weird and really not cohesive to the audience they're aiming at. It's like the show was written for 8 year olds, graphically designed for 13 year olds, and "supposed" to be mature enough for adults alike to watch. The only one that hit that mark was 2003. 2018 makes you lose yourself and just let go and laugh for a little. The IDW comic is a master piece in itself imo. But the 2012 is just 'meh' compared to everything else. I'm really glad they finally cancelled it.

- 2012 Mikey sounds like a stoner and acts like a small child instead of a 15/16 year old; even by the end of the show.

- Splinter is the only enjoyable character on the 2012's end.

- Don't get me started with teen April- at least the 2018 April is in college.

- Raph gives me this 'spoiled but wanting to be emo and the "not like other guys" type' vibe. I just really hate how they made him an asshole. He doesn't even have psychopathic tendencies like the Mirage comics did (which would at least make his repetition understandable). His anger struggle is this; get angry, hurt/explode at family, don't learn a damn thing, REPEAT. Meanwhile all the other incarnations are at least trying to change it. 2003 Raph even took up knitting!

- People idolize this show only because it came out right in the golden years of social media and the internet.

*takes a breath*

Kk I'm done

Saying 2012 was aimed as small children is laughable.2012 was aimed at the older fans. Rise is aimed at the small children and it shows its a bigger joke than the Fred Wolf Turtles were.