View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yay, episode continues to air just after midnight for digital buyers! Loving this trend.

Finished watching it a bit ago.

Love the costumes and all the roleplay and LARP stuff, I played a lot of those types of games growing up.
Raph's Turkey head and the "angry" turkey Some fantastic GIF material in this episode guys.
Some CGI model re-use in leatherhead and the monkey... something we have come to expect, but it was pretty clever this time.
Sheesh how many times can you fall through a floor in one episode? A lot apparently! Somewhat disappointed with "the maze" honestly looks like they re-used the same corridor over and over until the very end.
Sir Malachai definitely a very over the top character, was cool for an episode but wonder if they'd find a use for him in the future? He promised the turtles he wouldn't do this again so... when i first saw his design, I was pretty excited. But now that i've seen the episode, as a character I'd rate him similar to The Pulverizer... he's more of a jokey/pathetic character unfortunately.

In the end, this episode will be the source of a lot of great quotes and gifs I guess. But in terms of the plot or action it doesn't hold up to some of the better episodes. It was still a fun change of pace before the turtles return to their ooze-hunting duties for next week. I will always remember and appreciate this episode as the turtles/Dungeons & Dragons homage that combined two of my favorite things.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote